This weekend has been pretty low key. After dealing with some "plumbing" emergencies the past couple of weeks (Base board heat pipe leak and shower engager break) I am happy to NOT have to play with Piping.
I took advantage of the calm and bottled the All-Grain IPA I brewed back in January. I was going to write up that experience, but...reference plumbing experiences referenced above.
I started by running the beer through cheese cloth to help snag any residual Crud. I discovered that there is a vast difference in cheese cloths: This one didn't seem to catch much. A test glass was very cloudy. After letting it rest in the Bottling bucket for a few minutes it seemed to clear up a bit, but I didn't have a good way to re-filter the beer again so I had to make due with what I had. I suppose I could have put some sort of filter on bottle bucket spout if I had more time or didn't have beer anxiously waiting for bottles. :)
I need to devise a good way (or find a pre-made solution) to filter beer. I'm thinking a two stage filter: A first stage that stops "large" crud from even leaving the carboy, and then the second stage that catches any smaller/fine crud before it enters the bottling bucket.
I already have the second stage, a funnel with Cheese cloth..I just need better Cheese cloth. For the first stage, I"m thinking a steel "balloon" that I can attach to my tubing. This would make it easy to clean/replace.
Now to find some decent cheese cloth..
I'm thinking I"m going to tackle a small water related project this weekend. I need to move our washing machine about three feet. Currently, it sits right in front of the Utility Sink in the Laundry space...this makes it really hard to use said utility Sink. To move it, I need to get slightly longer Water line tubing. I think I can handle this.
Well, Anya is asking for food, so I'm off to feed the baby!